Mix up your lunch box - No added sugar but packed with fun
Whether you’re looking for a fun and delicious option for your children’s lunchboxes or a cool way to keep thirsty kids happy on a long journey, Vimto has the answer with its No Added Sugar ready to drink 250ml Tetrapak cartons.
Vimto is made with a delicious combination of three fruit juices – grape, raspberry and blackcurrant and contains no artificial colours.
Available in a handy ready to drink format, Vimto comes in three flavours – the famous Vimto three-fruit blend of grape, blackcurrant and raspberry, as well as Strawberry or Cherry varieties.
Vimto No Added Sugar Ready to Drink – 3 x 250ml Tetrapak , RRP £1.00, available from ASDA, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
Strawberry Vimto No Added Sugar Ready to Drink – 3 x 250ml Tetrapak, RRP £1.00, available from ASDA.
Cherry Vimto No Added Sugar Ready to Drink – 3 x 250ml, RRP £1.00, available from ASDA, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
Vimto Berry Mini Muffins
These delicious, fruity Vimto Berry Mini Muffins are perfect for lunchbox snacks and simple enough to bake with the kids.
Made with Vimto No Added Sugar Squash, a mix of three fruit juices - grapes, raspberries and blackcurrants, these healthy Mini Muffins are butter-free and made with honey. You can substitute the fresh fruit for dried fruit - just add an extra 2 tbsp of Vimto to the mixture for extra moisture.
Makes 12 – store in an airtight box and eat within 2 days.
200g self-raising flour
50g porridge oats
150g mixed raspberries and blueberries (fresh or frozen)
5tbsp Vimto No Added Sugar Squash.
2 medium eggs
100g of runny honey
1 heaped teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
5tbsp sunflower oil
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, bicarbonate of soda and oats.
3. In a jug, whisk together Vimto, eggs, honey and oil. Pour into the bowl, add the berries and gently stir to combine- do not over mix.
4. Spoon into the cases and bake for 18-20 mins until golden and risen.
5. Remove from the oven, cool in the tin for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information per muffin: kCals 146, Fat 7.2g, Sat fat 1g, Carbs 18.5g, Sugars 3.4g
Vimto Ripple Ice CreamWant a quick, fruity and refreshing dessert idea that’s so simple the kids can do it? This Vimto Ripple Ice Cream takes minutes to prepare and is a great sweet treat to enjoy in the afternoon or after dinner.
Made with Vimto No Added Sugar Squash, a mix of three fruit juices - grapes, raspberries and blackcurrants, Vimto Ripple Ice Cream is a great way to liven up vanilla ice cream.
This recipe serves six.
5 tbsp Vimto No Added Sugar Squash
1 litre light ice cream
Cornets, optional, to serve
1. Heat Vimto in a small frying pan, bring to the boil and keep it bubbling for a few minutes until it has reduced down to about 1 tbsp – this will only just cover the base of the pan. Remove from the heat, add raspberries and crush with a fork. Leave to cool completely.
2. Spoon the out of the tub and into a large bowl. Using a large spoon put the ice cream back into the tub, adding teaspoons of the raspberry pulp as you go, to create a ripple effect. Freeze for a few hours or until solid.
3. To serve, dip an ice-cream scoop or spoon into warm water, then scoop ice cream into chilled dishes or cornets and serve.
Nutritional information per Vimto Ripple Ice Cream: kCals 80, Fat 5.2g, Sat fat 3.3g, Carbs 19g, Sugars 15g.