Rice pudding with marsala poached plums
For the rice pudding
- 1 pack of Carnation Rice Pudding instant dessert mix
- 275 ml semi-skimmed milk
For the plums
- 150ml (¼pt) Marsala wine
- 1tsp arrowroot mixed with 1 tsp water
- 150ml (¼pt) water
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 9 plums, halved and stoned
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Mix together the Marsala, arrowroot, water and sugar. Place the plums in a large ovenproof dish and pour over the Marsala mixture. Add the cinnamon sticks and poach, uncovered, in the oven for about 40 minutes. Turn the plums once during cooking.
- Heat Carnation Rice Pudding instant mix with milk in the microwave or on the hob for 5 minutes, according to package instructions. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve up a generous helping of rice pudding with the warm plums.
We will be trying this recipe very soon !!