Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
You will need:
· 110g plain flour
· 1 egg, plus egg yolk
· 300ml semi-skimmed milk
· 40g Flora Buttery
· Small handful of poppy seeds
100g Taste the Difference Peruvian Fairtrade dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
· 50g Elmlea double
· Carte D’Or vanilla ice cream, to serve
· Icing sugar, for during
1. Sieve the flour into a bowl. In a jug, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, milk and 1 tbsp of the Flora Buttery. Make a well in the flour and whisk in the egg mixture to form a smooth batter. Stir in the poppy seeds.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brush with some of the remaining Flora Buttery. Pour in about 2 tbsp of the batter and swirl the pan around until the base is evenly covered. Cook for about 1–2 mins, until the underside is golden. Flip the pancake and cook the other side. Slide the pancake onto a warm plate and repeat until you have 6.
3. Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until melted. Stir in the Elmlea double.
4. Serve with a scoop of Carte D’Or ice cream, a drizzle of the chocolate sauce and a dusting of icing sugar.